Tau Empire XV104 Riptide Battlesuit + diorama

The Tau Empire Meets Studio Ghibli

Because I really loved the garage-kit of the Blade Runner Blaster, my wife got me this little bad-boy for Christmas. I was really interested in the paint-job, but how do you do that?

I found this YouTube 'How-to' tutorial and was blown away!


So I followed this guy to the letter and ended it up with this! Pleased as punch!





























When I was working on the kit I thought about a base. Normally it will be a post-apocalyptic base, but I didn't liked that. Seems a bit much. Like 'Painting Red Roses Red'. So I search for something more gentle. And what could be more gentle than a Studio Ghibli inspired diorama! Yeah... But how?

Again; YouTube!

When I saw this tutorial, my jaw dropped! THIS! No surprise it has over 11 million views...


Right! To work!
























And there you have it! My first diorama.











Comments

Popular Posts